Sunday 6 June 2010

dan black 'symphonies' video

The only issue that gets in my way when referencing a contemporary practitioner is the fact that I can't predict whether this artist/designer/writer will remain in the field. Who decides when is the right moment this person has become an established professional? I am so far convinced that I have the right to reference whomever/whatever I find suitable, but I am not sure of how this could be correct in the academic term.

On his website http://www.danblacksound.com, Dan Black has a bits and pieces page where he displays his avatars, among others the following:



Otherwise, I am still insisting on his 'symphonies' piece, only now I found its video below:


The word 'Symphony' is by definition 'an elaborate musical composition for full orchestra, typically in four movements, at least one of which is traditionally in sonata form.' Could be also 'something regarded, typically favorably, as a composition of different elements : autumn is a symphony of texture and pattern.' The feeling I get from listening to Dan's piece is basically a combination of both meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment