Wednesday 6 July 2011

Andreas Gursky's Photographs: Analog or Digital?

According to the White Cube website: http://www.whitecube.com/artists/gursky/
"Andreas Gursky makes large-scale, colour photographs distinctive for their incisive and critical look at the effect of capitalism and globalisation on contemporary life."
My first had just come back from the Sharjah Biennale few months ago, and he was carrying a book about Andreas Gursky. I took a close look at the book and the photographs inside, and at a certain point, I felt that if I had the same book in a digital format, that could have been more interesting, as I strongly felt the urge to zoom in on a lot of his photographs to see whether they were digitally manipulated or whether these were analogue pictures that were really true to the original scene photographed.


Siemens, Karlsruhe, Germany, 1991, Mixed Media, 200x170 cm

Paris, Montparnasse, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment